Living with epilepsy can take a toll on our emotions and cause mood swings. Emotional ups and downs happen to everyone, but the stress that comes with epilepsy can make changes in moods more frequent or extreme. Anxiety or depression can exacerbate mood swings too.
On MyEpilepsyTeam, the social network and online support group for those living with epilepsy, members talk about a range of personal experiences and struggles. Mood swings are one of the top 10 topics most discussed.
Here are some question-and-answer threads about mood swings:
• What does everyone do to help with mood disorders?
• Does anyone feel really emotional or a change in their emotions after their seizure or for the next day or so?
• What puts people in a bad mood that leads to seizures?
Here are some conversations about mood swings:
• Epilepsy helped me find the right man.
• I have been struggling with mood swings and tremors.
• My mood swings are up and down.
Can you relate?
Have another topic you'd like to discuss or explore? Go to MyEpilepsyTeam today and start the conversation. You'll be surprised just how many others may share similar stories.
Feel free to ask a question here.