What things have forum members given up or taken up because it reduces their seizures?
I have taken up drinking more water, more sleep and reduced my time on electronic devices.
I've given up driving (for now), alcohol, caffeine, wheat gluten and stressing too much about everything. I've taken up more sleep, exercise and gratitude. I'm more grateful and express more gratitude now. It's easy to feel sorry for ourselves, but there's still so much to be thankful for.😊
The 100 mg I’ve started has seem to stopped the seizures so far
Still have some auras(
( simple partial) still on keppra
Trying to change my diet. I also reduce social media. I’ve deactivated my page for 2 in half months when I was having clusters I got on the weekend to speak but getting back off. I’m sure staying out the heat!
Drinking more water. Trying not to stress.
My husband is a Pastor and there’s a different kind of weight that comes with that. Since I’m doing better than I was I’m going to start trying to to do light excercise.
Good question Darryl Good on you
1) Avoiding too much of the media cycle & social media drama.
2) Avoiding high histamine/glutamate foods Kim chi, soy, salami, white wine. Msg Etc
3) avoiding too many carbs, Including sugar. best I’ve been ever is low carb
4) walking 40 minutes a day at dawn with music to clear my mind.
5) yes water to metabolise the drug load
6) taking Psychological pressure & shame off myself when it goes awry, “recovery”
7) Hope, wherever it is use it, if there isn’t any manufacture it!
Free will & the placebo effect are Very powerful about 30% of the drugs anticonvulsant effect. Put Your free will towards hope & you’ll see better outcomes
My family and friends can see in my behavior and in my eyes when an aura or beginning of a strong seizure is beginning. They enable me to sit down right away. Ask family and friends to watch for one coming on. With them recognizing it helps.
We never share your personal information with anyone.